Thursday 1 March 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly of MESH.

Back in September 2011 I posted about Huccis' free mesh dress here. Back then I was sitting on the fence about it and was really unsure about the future of mesh, some designers seemed worried that mesh was going to completely take over. I was unsure because it meant (at the time) I had to log into another viewer in order to see mesh. It took Magikas' beautiful hair 'Capture' (blogged here) to change my mind about it.

So, lets have a mesh off! :P

First of all, I would like to talk about these beautiful, amazing, stunning, smexy, aweeeesome boots!

keeeyooot

They are by Gos and called 'Triumph boots' and yush I had to get them in pink (there are many other colours to choose from). Much like Doc Martins they have raised soles and leather panels with a stitching around the top of the soles. The ribbon laces weave half way up the boot which then stops to show the eyelets. If you wear the boots down you can see the beautiful texture inside. Plus you can wear these boots in many ways; up, down, one up, one down! Overall opinion? Stunning. They are priced at 795L buuuut it's always good to pay that little bit extra for shoes that last.

As I've mentioned before, always try the demo before purchasing; the shoes do come in 5 sizes (L, M, S, XS, XXS), but it's always best... just in case! (also you will need a mesh viewer to see these beautiful shoes).

Next beautiful mesh item is the hair. By Wasabi Pills, Monique (250L) is stunning! On one side the hair is tucked behind the ear, and on the other a beautiful plait falls down your chest. Again, please try the demo before you buy as some head shapes don't fit mesh hair and you may need to change your head shape/size.

I'm also in love with these mesh jumpers by Boom (Oslo - shown 'coal' and 'doll pink' - 280L):

boom

As you can see I've picked up the pink and the black ones. Again, it comes in different sizes but always try the demo (in fact; the demo for this one is really funky! So go try it!)

I think, when it comes to mesh short dresses are the best way;

meshgown

This is the 'Tonight' gown - a promo on the Marketplace (99L). I will be honest; I picked this up on a whim. Having tried a freebie mesh gown yesterday and not really liking it, I thought I'd see how a better priced one would fair. It's nothing about the gown design I don't like, it's when you move. In my eyes they don't move as fluidly as other gowns. However, I will reserve judgement on this because there are a few high priced mesh gowns I'd like to try.

In this picture I've also re-shown 'Capture' by Magika, it really is stunning and you can read my full review here.

I've also tried a mesh necklace in this picture, if you have ever read my blog you'd know that I'm obsessed with pearls; so as soon as I saw these I had to buy them. By
Maxi Gossamer these stunning pearls come with two styles; long and short. Plus they are only 99L here on the marketplace.

Lastly, I was on the look out for cheaper mesh dresses. As most people do like to try before they buy and at least with cheapies and what not you can walk around and really get the feel for it (without having demo signs sticking out).

Special offers

Here we have Cupcakes 'Teeny Dress' which is a 10L Special. I had a lot of problems getting the texture to work on this dress, I believe it should be a lot bolder.... I tried everything; logging out, back in, clearing cache ect ect .... so maybe you'll be more successful.

The other dress is by TAKARAH and is called 'Grungy'. Everything in the store is reasonably priced (nothing over 50L) and this dress in particular is only 10L. I really like the pattern on this but it's a one size 'should' fit all dress. So if you think it won't fit you... it probably wont.

So, yup. I'm finally loving mesh. I'm cycling between the Capture hair and
Monique
hair... and those boots are not coming off my feet for a very long time.

Style notes:
1.
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Monique
Skin: Shine - Helen Pink/pale
Shoes: Gos - 'triumph boots'
Under-shirt: *BOOM* Everyday Tank - doll pink
Romper: *BOOM* denim romper -black
Socks: Bullwinkle - Lace socks - Black (no longer available)

2.
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Monique
Skin: Shine - Helen Pink/pale
Jmpers: *BOOM* - Oslo

3.
Hair: Magika - Capture
Skin: Shine - Helen Red/pale
Gown: Maii - 'Tonight'
Necklace: Maxi Gossamer - White south sea pearls.

4.

Hair: Magika - Capture
Skin: Shine - Helen Pink/pale
Dress 1: Cupcakes - Teeny dress- bleue
Dress 2: TAKARAH - Grungy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!! Much appreciated.