Wednesday 6 October 2010

Bye =[

It's always sad when a store closes its doors. Earlier this month we had La Momo and I'm sure there have been countless others this month alone. I've been going through my LM list reccently and so many stores I used to adore have gone; Kawaii Jelly for example is the one I'm brooding over!

Now we have Phoenix Rising which is closing;

"Dear Valued Customers

On behalf of the Phoenix Rising Team I Personally wanted to take this time to Thank All of you for your support.
As a final Thank you, we wanted to give back to the customers.
= All items have been slashed to its finalPrice- 25L$
= All Discount Rack tems, All retired Items, and all ONE OF A KIND ITEMS have been marked to 1L$
Phoenix Rising will close its doors forever on Oct 30th. Tier will have been exhausted at this point for the sim."

It is lovely when a store holds a sale, but I always feel like we're somewhat taking advantage of the situation. The store suddenly becomes popular just because the owner has set all items half price or 1L. Plus, we have to think... do the items now loose their 'value' because every Tom, Dick and Harry now has them?

My fiance and I were discussing this earlier this morning, when I first heard about the sale. He does not play Sl but his argument was "but, you never really meet anyone wearing the same outfit do you?" ((he's an over the shoulder player; 'omg why is your avi jerking about?' .... 'it's a dance sweetie'.)) . His point is true. Yes, we may meet someone with the same AO, same skin or even same hair... but because you can be so creative with your outfits and have so much choice.... maybe the items do regain a bit of value.

I think we often are we showing the owner how much we like his or her creations by spending a lot more while items are on sale. I'm not sure of the prices before the sale, but judging by the quality of the items I'm sure it was all very expensive. So now, this sale has led to a larger majority of people who can now apprieciate the works.

For example, everything is now 25L . So say you go to the store, spend 200L your getting a lot more bang for your buck because it's on sale. Good for us. Bad on our inventories :P

Anyway, swings and roundabouts I suppose?

So thank you all at Phoenix Rising! You've made some beautiful items and everytime I'll wear one of your gowns I'll think of you! Good luck in rl! And congrats on your newly married status!

Fay x

2 comments:

  1. Good points!
    Personally, I find the more expensive items are actually the ones I run into the most... the same Moody shoe on fifty girls, the same Akeyo AO on every guy... Though I do find a lot of freebies I recognize if I am running with the freebie hunting pack. So I'm not too worried about the price affecting how much I see it.
    But probably most important to me is liking what I have. If I like it, I don't care if half the other avatars are wearing it too. The only thing that lowers value to me is the item being no mod so I can't fit it perfectly to my non-barbie shape.

    But seriously! Phoenix Rising is amazing! I know I never spent 500L there before - I'm a cheapass - but yesterday I found myself spending near that much, just getting half the store in the process instead of one gorgeous dress. I hope they feel the love from us cheapaholics though, because their designs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more good points!

    I know exactly what you mean, I was at a club reccently, saw three Ao's I loved...asked the people where they were from...and they replied "Akeyo". Now, I'd rather have an AO that others don't have! Plus Akeyo are quite pricey! ^^;; call me a cheapskate if you wish! LOL.

    Yeah, I've got some really beautiful items which I've basically thrown into the corner because they are no mod! Why do the designers do it! I want to have cuuuuurves!!

    I've spent about that much at Pheonix today too, it was all so beautiful. So yeah. I hope they feel our love too <3

    Thanks for the comment <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!! Much appreciated.